The deafening silence of the Badals, the SGPC president and of the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht Sahib on the look-out notice against MS Sirsa in the case of golak loot is nothing but a shameful endorsement of the unprecedented scam perpetrated on the DSGMC and the gurdwara exchequer, the SADD said.
Party chief Paramjit Singh Sarna told a crowded news conference that the entire Panth is left in a state of shock when Sirsa is still allowed not only to continue as head of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee but also contest its August 22 general elections.
“Even suspicion of small wrongdoing by any office-bearer in any gurdwara across the world is considered a sufficient ground for him/her to resign. But here, under the Badals’ corrupt reign, scams by their appointees in Sikh religious committees and institutions are deemed badges of honour. The scamsters are awarded with plump positions and ticket to fight elections, that too in religious domain,” the Panthak leader said.
His comments came in the wake of the Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police submitted before the court trying Sirsa that a look-out circular has been activated against him under magisterial orders.
With a long career in the world of crime and thuggery, Sirsa is accused of forgery and fraud aimed at siphoning off the Sangat’s Dasvandh from the DSGMC treasury.
“Why is Bibi Jagir Kaur silent? Why is Giani Harpreet Singh silent? Why is their conscience not stirring at the thought of retaining a mafia leader not just as a member of the DSGMC but as its president?” Sarna said. “We might well think Giani Harpreet Singh is heavily compromised. He sidestepped his own commitment that he would order an independent inquiry into the golak loot at the DSGMC over the past eight years. But what happened to Bibi Jagir Kaur? Why has she surrendered her moral authority?”
Sarna challenged the Badals to prove that they are the custodians of the “Shaheedan Di Jathebandi” by sacking Sirsa with immediate effect. “But we know you won’t because you are the boss not of any ‘Shaheedan di Jathebandi’ but of a ‘Tolaa-e-Thugs’,” Sarna told the Badals.
The Panthak leader pledged that the team of his legal experts would explore options to secure a similar lookout notice for Sirsa’s accomplices who were equal partners in the crime while holding key positions at the DSGMC.
In bullet points, the Panthak leader detailed the massive setbacks the DSGMC has already suffered under the Badals:
- Complete draining of more than Rs 120 crore from the gurdwara exchequer to personal coffers of the Badals in eight years
- Complete draining of another Rs 250 crore estimated to have been generated during the eight-year period
- Criminal cases against DSGMC presidents, Sirsa included, for fraud, forgery, golak loot
- Hiding Deloitte audit of gurdwara finances from the Sangat
- Complete collapse of DSGMC-affiliated GHP schools, Sikh colleges
- Mounting unpaid salary bills of GHPS, DSGMC staff
- Mounting dues to the UGC/central authorities for college affiliations
- Unaccounted shipping of donated critical-care equipment, oxygen concentrators from DSGMC stocks to Badal constituencies
- Accepting money from Amitabh Bachchan for health facilities, but not disclosing the source till the truth was revealed by the actor
- No audit/account of Rs 12 crore donated by Amitabh Bachchan
- No audit, no accounting of donations generated from bogus announcements of a Badal-led Nagar Kirtan from New Delhi to Sri Nankana Sahib in 2019. That Nagar Kirtan never took place but tons of cash and gold was generated in donations in its name
- No audit/accounting of donations generated in the name of pandemic sewa. At least Rs 40 crore is believed to have been siphoned off from pandemic charity
- Grave damage to Panthak Maryada, to Sikh Sidhant, to sanctity of Gurbani, to sanctity of Sikh history under the Badals
- Guru Sahiban paraded as idols in Nagar Kirtans, Karva Chauth celebrated at Sri Bangla Sahib, Guru Harkrishan Sahib sent to quarantine, Chaar Sahibzadey belittled as “baals”, or kids, cake-cutting proposed at Sri Rakab Ganj Sahib to celebrate Florence Nighingale’s birthday, vulgar dance and song routines green-lighted on the sacred compound of Sri Rakab Ganj Sahib, history linked to the Gurus’ martyrdom twisted on several occasions, Guru ka Langar wheeled out of the Pangat to political constituencies, sewa auctioned off on TV, calls for raising money without accountability on television
“We appeal to Guru ki Sangat to immediately inform us or the police if they notice Sirsa carrying out any suspicious activity. The golak thief and his gang must be brought to justice and delivered exemplary punishment per the law of the land,” Sarna said.